Regular training workshops are conducted for physicians interested in the newest developments in prostate cancer treatment with high intensity focused ultrasound and using the Sonablate® 500. Our workshops are designed to educate physicians through peer-to-peer interaction, simulation and observation, thus equipping them with the needed skills to offer Sonablate HIFU to their patients.
Basic HIFU Physician Training and Proctorship
- Training: Observe a number of HIFU procedures, participate in active treatment, be proctored and certified in delivering HIFU treatment
- Learn how to educate patients about HIFU as a treatment option
- Review the history of HIFU
- Understand the basic science and physics of HIFU
- Understand Sonablate HIFU technology
- Review and understand the importance of ultrasound
- Review, simulate, and observe a HIFU procedure
- Understand HIFU clinical results and data
- Understand patient selection criteria
- Review how to incorporate HIFU into your current practice
- Course materials
- Case observations
There is no fee to participate in the HIFU training workshops.
Attendees are responsible for all travel expenses.
Advanced HIFU Physician Training and Proctorship Program
Once a physician has completed a Basic HIFU training workshop they may wish to further their expertise in minimally-invasive therapy for prostate cancer. Can-Am HIFU now offers Advanced Physician Training and Proctorship in HIFU for full-gland ablation and focal therapy.
If you are interested in coming to observe HIFU or establishing a formal training/certification program please contact Dr. Jack Barkin at firstname.lastname@example.org